A little more Concord & 9th!
When making this card I had an accident.
More precisely, my stamp set had an accident. I was going to stamp the light bulb and put the flowers in ( by masking them) and then I decided to die cut something. Unbeknownst to me, the bulb stamp had sucked itself into the cutting mat.
Yes, I did. I rollered the stamp partially through the machine.
It was not pretty. The stamp was crushed within an inch of its life. More correctly, within 2mm, because that’s the depth a part of it ended up.
Just an FYI.
If you add intense pressure to a stamp, it is unlikely to stamp very well at the end of it. Just like crushing your finger in the machine and expecting to play Bach’s Prelude in C Minor no.2 ( which is my current music crush and I’m practicing it very hard!).
Anyhow. Brilliant customer service is alive and well. I emailed the lovely people at Concord & 9th explaining it was entirely my fault but please could I buy another light bulb.
They sorted me out and were very kind.
The ‘watery bits’ were my good old Docrafts Artiste markers, which are so easy to ‘watercolour’ with. I just spread colour around quickly over the white embossed flowers.
Was pretty easy, and didn’t take too long. The worst bit was the vellum curling under heat and I had to put it under weights overnight.
Anyhow. Better go. I’ve got some really different releases coming up I’m involved with, so watch this space!
Oh and I’m super chuffed to be the cover projects for both Crafts Beautiful and PaperCrafter mag this month! Do look out for them if you see them!
See you soon xx