Hanging Star Concertina Card & Weird Lists!
Morning. How is Monday already?! Today I wanted to show you a project I was demoing at the weekend. I wanted to do something showcasing a punch and die set.
I simply used 3 card blanks, added extra folds to the folded side. Punch out about 12 stars and pair two up sandwiching thread between each pair.
Using the circle die set and a template I created, add circle apertures into each card blank on both sides.
Using craft patterned tape, suspend the stars at different heights and adhere one blank to another and so hide the thread ends.
Add some patterned paper, stamped images from the new 12 Days of Christmas range and cover the ends of each blank with a patterned strip of paper. It stands in a ‘v’ shape and folds completely flat too.
We’ve been keeping busy- school is simply exhausting everyone. There are changes as some of them decide that new subjects aren’t quite what they imagined and for others it’s settling back into a year of not wanting to attend school at all!!
I get it – why would you want to go and work at school when you can stay and play at home?
Today’s schedule is an interesting one.
1. Crafty prep for next weeks demo and magazine work.
2. Buy Febreze for a school bag that now stinks after getting wet in the rain ( bizarre, I know!)
3. Collect a Wii remote and clothes for a play date for another.
4. Take rabbit into teens school at lunchtime as a visual aid for a debate on animal testing (!!)
5. Tea/ironing/yucky housework
6. Tonight out at NWHS ( stamp club).
Does anyone else have unusual lists like me?!!
7. Send artwork off to a manufacturer ( new project I’ll tell you about very soon!!)
See you when I’ve ticked them off ( well, maybe not all of them!!)