Silhouette Card & Being Predictable!
Silhouettes of faces are very ‘on-trend’ right now and I don’t actually have any of those images- so can’t be accused of being trendy. Instead I continue my theme of simple cards- but to be honest if I make them any more simple, I’ll simply be showing you a piece of card in the next blog post!!
Sometimes you kinda see the inner workings of people’s minds when you’re chatting. Reading their cerebral sub-text it can go something like this;
Me; ‘this really is a simple card’
You;’ (thinking ) Are you kidding I wouldn’t know where to start’.
Me; ‘it doesn’t need much to create this look- using whatever craft gear you have to make something similar’
You; (thinking) ‘all the craft gear I own could be fitted into a shoe box with room to spare. There is no way I could create that at home’
All the while, you are smiling and nodding sweetly whilst I try and to convince you to have a go and you are secretly thinking’ no way’!!! Well- here’s something that you only need 4 products (plus a bit of any colour card- you’ll defintely have that- won’t you!!) for plus a heat gun (or paint stripper gun which is what I used for a very long time!!- or failing that, holding above a toaster, which is how I started out!- please operate the paint stripper and toaster with much caution!- I have been there; trust me!! Better still, just purchase a heat gun!!)
Here’s the products- Stamp set (this one’s a freebie you could earn if you host a party)
Versamark ink pad
White embossing powder
you just ink the stamps with the Versamark, next sprinkle over the embossing powder (the ink is slightly sticky which helps the powder stick ), heat it up until the powder ‘melts’ and becomes shiny and slightly raised and then add your pearls. See- no ribbon (I know, it did nearly kill me being quite that minimal)- and you don’t have to have lots of supplies to make a card. Give it a go- go and hunt out that dusty box containing all that craft stuff that you promised yourself you’d use one day, and make something simple. I’d love to see what you come up with!
I’m sadly fairly readable.. Will arrived to greet me this morning with these words “Mum, you’re so predictable.” Aside from the fact that he absolutely no idea of what that phrase means- he is not far off the mark with that comment. I did pause and reflect on what made me so obvious. I came up with the following list;
1. Slightly vacant look- due to late nights and not enough thinking time.
2. High heels. My friends daughter asked me this weekend ‘Do you ever wear flat shoes?”- erm not if I can help it.
3. Most likely to be caught eating something sweet- yep- seriously sweet tooth.
4. Slight twitchiness if I haven’t created something in a day or two? Absolutely- being creative is one of my main outlets for survival. Forget alcohol, movies, clothes- I just love to make things!!!
5. Submerged silliness. I’m less predictable here, as this part of me remains ‘sat on’ for most of the time. There are a few people (you know who you are) who tap into this side of me and are known for encouraging my more loopy side. I do have comic sparring partners and others who send me into fits of giggles. I nearly lost it completely giggling during something on Friday night. My older kids were unimpressed. You could see them wondering who the adult was in that situation!!! Please encourage this in me- I do spend much of my life wondering quite how I became this dull!!
I could go on- but then I’d be predictably using superfluous words when being more economical would suffice completely (yep, managed to get my love of longer words in there too!!!)
What are you predictable for?
See you soon- or maybe not- maybe I should surprise you all and never return!!!xx